August 20, 2006

some of my favorite scriptures



  • "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58, NIV)
  • From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." (John 6:66-68, NIV)
  • Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15, NIV)
  • For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (John 1:17, NIV)
  • When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do. I have come to call sinners, not those who think they are already good enough." (Mark 2:17, NLT)
  • For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45, NIV)
  • But if I say, "I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. (Jeremiah 20:9, NIV)
  • Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?" (Luke 24:31-32, NIV)
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Cracked pot is rather comforting.